All prices are in New Zealand Dollars by default, you can change to your own currency on the product page.
What we accept
Southern Cross Flutes accepts all major credit cards, Paypal, Bank Transfers, Cheque, and Cash payments. Please select your preferred payment type at checkout.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Your credit card details are entered at the checkout and securely stored. We use 100% PCI DSS compliant payment services. That means your payment information is always protected, and never gets seen by anyone. Even us!
If you select PayPal at the checkout, you will be redirected to PayPal’s website to complete the payment. You can login to your existing PayPal account or create a new one on the spot. You can use existing funds in your PayPal account to make the payment, or use your credit card.
Bank transfer (for NZ banks only)
If you select bank transfer at the checkout, we will display our bank account details on screen and also email them to you. You will then need to initiate a bank transfer (e.g. using your bank’s online banking service or in person at a branch). Please include your name as the payment reference.
We will confirm receipt of your payment within two business days by email. If you do not hear from us within two business days of making payment, please contact us.
Contact Todd with any payment questions.
After purchasing with Southern Cross Flutes you will receive an email to the address provided confirming your order.
Deposits for Made to Order Flutes
Made to Order Flutes (‘Crafted for You Flutes’) require a $250 deposit to confirm your order. To do this, contact Todd and he will provide you an invoice, which you can pay by your preferred payment option.
The balance of payment is required upon completion, before your flute is posted. You will be notified when your flute is ready for posting via email.
- Nation-wide Postage (within New Zealand) is and made with New Zealand Post, and generally takes 2-3 working days. This is free for all items on the Southern Cross Flutes website.
- International Postage is made with New Zealand Post, and generally takes 10 working days. The International Postage Standard flat rate is free for orders over $200, and to upgrade postage with International Express Courier flat rate is NZ$55, this generally takes 4-6 working days.
- Tracking. Once your order ships you will receive tracking information to your email address from New Zealand Post. If you have not received the email notification within three business days of purchasing, please check your email spam folder.
- Tax and Customs. Southern Cross Flute is not responsible for any additional tax that the customer may be required to pay when the flute enters their country. However, we work hard to ensure that we can prevent any additional payments being made. Talk to us about this prior to postage. International Customs Departments have no issue with wooden flutes entering their countries, we haven’t heard of any problems relating to this.
- Insurance is issued based on the value declared at posting, and Southern Cross Flutes works with international courier companies to resolve any issues that might crop up with posting. The customer is not liable nor needs to worry about any damage caused to their instrument during posting.
- Protected – Southern Cross Flutes has custom crafted boxes, purpose built for international postage. Additionally, your flute is package inside the box to prevent any undue bumps or knocks that might occur.
Contact Todd with any postage questions.
Southern Cross Flutes values your business and we want to be sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase.
If you have any problem with any of our flutes or other products please contact us and we’ll do our utmost to resolve any issue so that you can fully enjoy your musical experience.
We stand behind our instruments completely! If the sound is affected by any structural defect, such as natural cracks, we will assess the flute and either replace it in full, or repair it .
In case of accidental damage (such as ‘a horse bit my flute’ – true story!) we will make every effort to repair the flute at a reasonable rate, plus the cost of return shipping.
If, having received your flute you find that it is not the perfect fit for you, Southern Cross Flutes will be happy to work out an exchange for a better fitting flute.
Returns are accepted within a period of 20 days from purchase, and the returned flute must be in the same condition as it was when it was purchased. No cash refunds are provided.
Returning a Flute
The cost for returning a flute and any additional posting is born by the customer. The customer is responsible for merchandise until it safely reaches us. To prevent damage during shipping, make sure your return is well packed.
Contact Todd with any returns or refund questions.
A full refund will be provided only in the situation where you do not receive your flute.
All refunds are processed by the same method that payment was made. For example, if payment is made by credit card, the refund must be issued to the same credit card.
Please note, we are only able to send bank transfer refunds to New Zealand bank accounts.