I love making Custom Made Flutes; it’s a real conversation that dives to the heart and soul of the experience you wish to bring about, be it a flirtatious flute for your next adventure overseas, or a mellow companion for an otherwise hectic evening in an overfilled life.
In order to get clear about what flute best suits you, it’s great to be able to get your hands on different types of flutes – woods, styles, pitches, and play them… but that’s not always possible, however, you can always cruise around the Sold Flutes Gallery to get some ideas.
So in our conversations, I will be asking you to consider the following:
1. Choose your type of flute
- Single chamber flute (eg: Forest Flute, Love Flute or Grandfather Flute)
- Harmony flute (eg: 2+ chambers such as Drone Flute, Mayan Temple Flute or Temple Drone Flute)
2. Choose your tuning/pitch/frequency
The default tuning is Minor Pentatonic (440hz), with many ranges of pitch to choose from, including…
- High (such as the Forest Flute range)
- Middle (such as the Love Flute range)
- Low (such as the Grandfather Flute range)
The Hijaz Middle Eastern tuning is also available, as is the Heal-Earth-Tone (432hz) frequency.
3. Choose your wood
Perhaps the most special part is finding your wood; the wood that sings to you personally. Check out our…
- selection of woods
- special woods currently in stock
- recording of flutes made from these woods (coming soon)
4. Choose your design
- All-in-one; or
- different wood for the mouth-piece
- different wood for the nest
- Type of totem (eg: standard or custom-made)
5. Choose your embellishments
- gems, stones, copper emblems
- left-hand dominant
- special flute bag
You can also visit our Sold Flutes Gallery to explore some of the handcrafted flutes that have already found new homes around the world!